Gynecomastia – Surgery |Treatment | Cure in Nepal
Last Updated on : December 24th, 2018 By NPCLC
Gynecomastia or more commonly known as enlarged breast in men. It occurs most commonly due to disorder of various factors in glad or breast tissue. Due to large breast in men it is always socially discomforting. The way others perceive you is always different.
- Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours. In some cases weight of excess breast tissue may cause breast to sag and stretch the areola.
- Gynaecomastia is a condition of overdeveloped or enlarged breast in men that can occur at any age. It can be caused due to hormonal changes, heredity, obesity or use of certain drugs.
- Gynecomastia has excess localised fat, excess glandular tissue development, excess breast skin and can occur unilaterally ( one breast) or bilaterally ( both breasts).
Who are the good candidates of Gynecomastia Surgery ?
- 1 Who are the good candidates of Gynecomastia Surgery ?
- 2 How to prepare for Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- 3 What to expect in Gynecomastia Surgery recovery ?
- 4 Recovering from gynecomastia surgery at home
- 5 What results should I expect after gynecomastia surgery ?
- 6 What are the Possible risks of Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery candidate includes :
- Men whose condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Nonsmokers and non-drug users
- Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
- Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
- Men who have realistic expectations
- Men whose breast development has stabilized
- Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
How to prepare for Gynaecomastia Surgery?
In preparing for gynecomastia surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
- Shave or trim the hairs in your cheats area.
What to expect in Gynecomastia Surgery recovery ?
- During your gynecomastia surgery recovery period, dressings or bandages will be applied to your incisions and an elastic bandage or support garment may be used to minimize swelling and support your new chest contour as it heals after surgery.
- A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect.
- You will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for the surgical site and drains, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon. In addition to these you will be instructed not to raise your hands, avoid exercises.
Recovering from gynecomastia surgery at home
- If you experience shortness of breath, chest pains or an unusual heartbeat, seek medical attention immediately. Should any of these complications occur, you may require hospitalization and additional treatment.
What results should I expect after gynecomastia surgery ?
- Gynecomastia surgery results are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade. Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery.
What are the Possible risks of Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery risks include:
- Reactions to tape, suture materials, glues, topical preparations or injected agents
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Blood clots
- Breast asymmetry
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation may be temporary or permanent
- Damage to deeper structures—such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles and lungs can occur and may be temporary or permanent
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Fatty tissue found in the breast might die (fat necrosis)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Persistent pain
- Poor wound healing
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Unfavorable scarring
We at NPCL do gynecomastia surgery . We are one of best gynecomastia hospital in kathmandu. We surgically remove the excess fat tissues and skin fold so that you have a masculine breast which is natural looking for men. There is minimal scar in periareolar region which is not naturally visible. Do not worry about how much does gynecomastia surgery cost in nepal ? We do gynecomastia surgery at pleasant price. The cost of gynecomastia surgery treatment varies looking at the cases of your gynecomastia .we have the best gynecomastia curing doctor and plastic surgeon in nepal.We also have laser treatment for this problem. There are no scars and downtime for this procedure.
NPCLC located at Dhobighat, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal not only offers all these procedures under one roof. NPCLC also has beat team of Plastic and Cosmetic surgeons and it also provides all the procedures in most affordable and competitive price.
These types of procedures must be properly evaluated and surgical treatment should only be done by registered plastic and cosmetic surgeon for the best possible outcome. We at Nepal Plastic Cosmetic and Laser Center ( NPCLC) provide the best counselling and surgical as well as non surgical treatment. We have the largest and best registered and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon of Nepal as well as multiple super speciality doctors and surgeons.
Our motto is Make Life Beautiful.