Breast lift surgery by NPCLC in kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktpur in Nepal
What is Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast lift also known as mastopexy is a surgical procedure which raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support new breast contour.
Why is Breast Lift Surgery done?
Breast Lift Surgery is done to bring back your breasts fullness and firmness back. It is done to give your breasts reshape and support the new breast contour. It is also done to reduce the enlarged areola of your breast.
What Breast Lift Surgery can and cannot do?
A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity can result from:
- Weight fluctuations
Breast Lift Surgery can DO :
- A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted.
- Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift will reduce this as well.
Breast Lift Surgery can not DO :
Breast lift surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast.If you want your breasts to look fuller, consider breast lift and breast augmentation surgery. If you want smaller breasts, consider combining breast lift and breast reduction surgery.
Who are good candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast Lift Surgery is very personal procedure and it should be done only if you want it yourself and not to fulfil someone else’s desire.
You are candidate for Breast Lift Surgery if :
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts sag or have lost shape and volume
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
Who should not consider Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- You are physically unhealthy and cannot maintain a stable weight
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your breasts are not fully developed.
What are the possible risk and complication of Breast Lift Surgery?
Decision to undergo Breast Lift procedure is deeply personal and you should weigh the potential benefits in achieving your goals with the risk and complication of Breast Lift procedure. Only you can make that decision.
Possible Breast Lift Surgery risks include :
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding or hematoma formation
- Poor healing of incisions
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Breast asymmetry
- Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Fluid accumulation
- Potential partial or total loss of nipple and areola
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Possibility of revisional surgery.
What about Breast Lift Surgery and Breast Implant Placement?
Some women may want to consider placement of breast implant in addition to breast lift as implant can provide improved upper breast fullness or cleavage. Implants can be placed at the same time or as a second procedure, depending on the advice of your Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon.
How should I prepare for Breast Lift Surgery?
For the preparation of Breast Lift surgery:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another one after surgery to help detect any future changes in your breast tissue
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Breast Lift Surgery should be performed by board certified Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon. It is advised to be done in accredited hospitals, if your Breast Augmentation Surgery is performed in outpatient basis arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and followup sessions.
What to expect and what to do after Breast Lift Surgery for speedy recovery?
After breast Lift Surgery dressings or bandages will be applied in surgical site You’ll need to wear an elastic bandage or support bra to minimise swelling and support your breasts as they heal.
A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect.You will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for your breasts following surgery
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
What result should I expect after Breast Lift Surgery?
The result of your Breast Lift Surgery are immediately visible. Overtime post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade.
Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery. Final result from your Breast Lift Surgery will appear over the next few months as breast shape and position continue to settle. Incision lines are permanent but will continue to fade over time. The results of your breast lift surgery will be long lasting. Over time your breast can continue to change due to ageing and gravity. You will be able to retain your new look longer if you :
- Maintain your weight
- Keep a healthy lifestyle.